Sunday, September 13, 2015

Food Truck Festival



I decided to get a little crazy over the weekend and attend the 3rd Annual Cape Cod Food Truck Festival, which is one of several festivals put on each summer by Food Truck Festivals of America. If you ever happen to be near one of these festivals, I would certainly recommend going.  There was a spectacular array of foods that could satisfy even the pickiest of eaters.

My friends and I decided to get the lay of the land first, before jumping into our first of several food truck lines that afternoon.  And thankfully, Cape Cod Fairgrounds is large enough that I could convince myself that no amount of fried food would negate the health benefits of all the walking we would do as we went from truck to truck.


After doing a thorough investigation of the day's offerings, our first stop was Moyzilla,


where I treated myself to dumplings and chicken fries.


If I am being entirely honest, the dumplings were amazing and the fries were passable.  The dumpling filling was very flavorful and they were steamed first then given a quick pan fry. Ah-may-zing!  If there were not other trucks catching my eye, there would certainly have been more dumplings being put into my belly!

The next stop was the Chubby Chickpea for some shawarma.  Yea, you read that right...SHAWARMA!  And it did not disappoint.  [As a random side note slash FYI... if you choose to not use the link I provided or it happens to be broken and you go searching "chubby chickpea," I highly suggest adding the qualifier "food truck" in the search bar.  If not, well, I got a warning on my browser that said if I continued with my search, I might get some, let's say... interesting... results.]


Sadly, at this point I was starting to feel full.  Since it was hot out and very little shade to be found, we decided that hydration outweighed the desire to gorge ourselves on food truck fare.  Therefore, it became time to hit one last truck, and obviously we made it a good one.


That's right, you are looking at a whoopie pie from a truck dedicated to the amazingness of whoopie pies!  The Whoo(pie) Wagon had quite the selections of offerings, including the S'mores whoopie pie you see above.  So good!  That was definitely a great way to end my afternoon of gluttony.

No comments:

Post a Comment