Sunday, February 22, 2015

Pork Patties

I have a bad habit of cooking like I have an army residing in my house.  Truth be told, it is just me.  Thankfully, I am all about the leftovers.  Sometimes though, I am able to catch myself before cooking too much food but not before I've purchased it.  When I was shopping for the pork pie I bought two pounds of ground pork but only used one pound.  Into the freezer went the extra pound.  The other day I decided to pull it out and make pork patties.

Ingredients:

1 lb ground pork
6 strips bacon
1 sprig thyme
2 sage leaves - chopped
1 tsp. black pepper
1/2 tsp. salt

Take the 6 strips of bacon and chop them up using a food processor.  You can just finely chop the bacon, but it is faster and a bit more thorough when done via the food processor.

mmmmm, yummy :)

Combine all the ingredients, thoroughly mixing them together.  I recommend just getting in there with your hands.



Divide mixture into four equally sized patties.


Pan fry or grill until thoroughly cooked and the juices run clear.

Living in an apartment with no balcony, I went the pan fry route.  Because my patties were fairly thick, it took about 10 minutes per side.  I flipped several times to avoid burning the outside before the inside cooked through.

Dress as you please.


As I was eating my fabulous pork patty, I felt that it reminded me a bit of a breakfast sausage.  I think the combination of the bacon with the sage and thyme give it more of a sausage taste over the mild flavor pork normally has.  Personally I loved it, but that's my own humble opinion.  Also, I should stress that anyone planning to pan fry these might want to consider making them smaller.  Make 6 or 8 patties versus the 4  that I made.  Unless you want a thick patty, to which I say, crack on!

No comments:

Post a Comment